Saturday, August 17, 2019

Hold?

It was the oddest thing today.
I had a customer call asking about the adoptions process and I told her I would put her on hold so I could check.

And like a minute and a half later when I finally got an answer and tried to pick up the call again.
I found the line dead. O.o

Even though I told the customer I would be putting them on a brief hold.

I probably wouldn't have thought much about it.

Except I had another customer call.
This time asking about an online order.
As he'd ordered something two days ago but hadn't received an email saying we'd picked it.

So I told him I would put him on hold so I could go check and see if we had the order picked or not.

But like in the thirty seconds it took me to put him on hold and sign into our Ipad to check the order...

The dude ended up calling back. O.o 

And claimed to my manager that he'd been 'hung up on' far too many times today. 

My manager was able to confirm the order was picked and ready to be picked up.

But I was more focused on the claim that the guy had been hung up on.

Like?
No.
He hadn't.
I'd placed him on hold.
I hadn't hung up on him at all.

But considering that it was 2 people within like a half hour period who didn't stay on hold...

I decided to test and see if our holding system wasn't working.
So I grabbed my own phone and called the store and put myself on hold just to see what would happen.

And all I heard was our usual 'elevator' holding music. 

And it's obviously holding music, it's not like a dial tone of 'sorry we hung up on you' sort of thing. 

So yah.
Frustrating.
Because like....did the customers just choose to hang up?
Did they get cut off?
Who knows.

But My guess is that they just didn't have the patience to wait a couple of minutes for an answer and wanted a faster one. 
*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment