Saturday, August 10, 2019

Counting Fish

Had a customer come into the store today and request that I catch them 25 small goldfish.

Which I did.
In my usual manner where I get as many in the net as I can, and then plop the goldfish one at a time from the net into the container so that I can count them out and make sure that there were 25 in there.

So I counted them out, and then bagged up the fish and handed them to the customer who was like "Are you sure there's 25 in there?"

Like yes?
I had just counted them after all. I'd even added in an extra goldfish just in case one died. So I knew how may where in there. 

"Yes."

"But how can you count them?! They're moving around so fast!" came the customer's bewildered response.

Huh....apparently the customer hadn't been watching me count out the fish like I thought they had. So I was like "Cus I count them one by one." 

It's not like I just get a scoop full, look at it and go "that's 25." Nope. I count one by one to make sure I get an accurate number. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment