Monday, February 15, 2021

A Corner Tank

 Had a customer call the store today looking for a specific type of tank.

They needed a 'corner tank that comes with a stand.' because they were planning to start up a salt water tank...and for some reason the corner one was considered the best? Or at least would fit well where they wanted their tank.

And like....if the customer had just called like....six months earlier...I probably could have easily helped them as we did carry a 54 gallon corner tank. 

But it's been ages since I've seen one come into the store, and when I looked at the shelf...there was no spot for it.

Which it's possible that we just faced over it to make room for all the other tanks we do carry.

But odds are that we aren't getting that particular tank back in.....which just barely glancing at our website....I don't see that particular tank listed there either. 

So yah....the customer was rather out of luck.

Like I still have a couple of small corner tanks. A 6 gallon and a 10 gallon, but that's far too small to put salt water fish in.

-Though we did have a family come into the store a bit ago that had like only a 3 gallon tank and they'd placed a few clownfish in it?? Not sure how many clownfish but it was over the recommended amount and like...salt water fish need a ton of space....having a bunch in a 3 gallon....pretty sure they won't all live that long....

In any case.

The customer was like "Well do you know where I could find a corner tank? I need it!"

Like....it's cool that you need it....but I'm not about to call up all the local pet stores in the area and do all the work for you. You managed to find our store number, you can find the other store numbers as well.

I did tell them to look online (as I didn't know if we had a corner one online at that point) and gave them the names of our local pet stores for them to call and check.

But yah...not gonna do the leg work. I can tell you what I have and don't have in my store. But it's not like I actively stalk the other pet stores in the area. It's been years since I've been in some of them and others I've never entered. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment