Thursday, February 11, 2021

Work With The Birds

 So there I was. 

Cleaning out the bird cages as that was the bedding change that needed to be done today.

And I have this customer approach and ask.....If I worked with the birds.

Like....yes?

Did you not see me come out of the bird enclosure? Did you not watch me cleaning the glass on our cages? Did you not see me scrubbing at the pans to make sure they're clean before putting fresh bedding on the bottom....like I'm here with the birds in the bird section......Of course I work with them. *shakes head*

I suppose I can get the confusion though. Like I'm pretty sure there's a disconnect with customers when they see me Cleaning as opposed to seeing me just wandering around my department.

As cleaning probably means 'less knowledgeable' in a way. And so they assume I'm just there to clean cages and don't actually know anything about the animals I'm working with.

It's happened before with the rodents and reptiles and fish....so it makes sense it would happen with the birds as well.

*shakes head*

Silly customer. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment