Thursday, February 4, 2021

I.D. Please

 A group of three teenagers came into the store today and wanted to buy a hamster.

Normally, that isn't a problem...except these particular teenagers didn't quite look like they were 18.

And with no guardian in sight...I asked how old they were.

Their leader proclaimed that she was 18. Which is great and all...but I wasn't quite buying it.

Like. I understand, having a young face myself, that she could definitely be 18 years old or older and just look young.

But to be safe I asked to see her Driver's License. To confirm that she was indeed 18. 

As in order to buy any animals in our store.

You have to be at least 18 years old or else have a guardian with you who can fill out the paperwork.

The leader of the group confidently pulled out her wallet and flipped it open.

And one of her cohorts was like "There it is." and pointed to one part of the wallet.

But the leader quickly flipped her wallet closed and was like "Oh, I left it in the car. We'll be right back."

Yah...that's not totally a red flag right there. *shakes head*

I understand people leaving their wallets in their car by mistake...but shouldn't your license be in your wallet?

In any case. A good fifteen minutes later, two of the girls come back in. No idea where the third went to.

And the girl was like "So, I left my license home apparently, can I show you my student i.d. instead?" 

Ha. *shakes head* No. I shut that down rather quickly. As I know that there are 17 year olds who go to college. I was like "Unfortunately, I need to have a form of i.d. with your date of birth on it." 

So a no go for the student i.d.

The girls were like "Oh, okay. We'll try tomorrow then." And left.

But yah...pretty sure they're not 18.

*shakes head*

We'll see if they actually come back or not.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment