Wednesday, February 3, 2021

To The Vet

 I ran some of our animals to the vet this morning. 

Which was kinda different. Showing up at work long enough to gather the animals and place them in their critter totes and then driving off to the vet.

Lol in the premorning light it nearly felt like being on a spy mission. 

Because usually we show up in the midmorning time.

But the vet had mentioned that they were open an hour earlier than my store was.

And with me being the only person in my department...it would be far easier to head out before we opened so I wouldn't have to worry about someone covering my department while I was gone.

Which was a good thing.

Because today was one of those Wednesdays where we had customers in the store right at opening. And some of them immediately needed help in the department with crickets and fish and such.

So it was great that I managed to get to the vet and back before we opened.

Though I had a heart stopping moment when I thought I'd shown up too early despite being told I could come before our store opened, because when I showed up up the lights were dim enough that it looked like the place was dark. 

However, I could see the receptionists inside. And when I grabbed the door it opened for me. And I wasn't scolded for coming in before they were open.

So woot!!

So I was able to drop off our animals to be checked out and return to the store before we opened. 

It was great for a plan to actually work out well. Especially since the morning was slightly busier than expected.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment