Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Only ONE?!

I had a customer come into the store like five minutes before close wanting some dewormer medication for their kitten.

The problem?

We only carry ONE type of dewormer for cats and it's a tapeworm dewormer.

And the customer was positively flabbergasted that we only carried the ONE dewormer.

"But you're a PET STORE!" they kept saying. Like it meant that we were a big warehouse and would carry a thousand and four products of the same thing but in different brands. *exhales*

Like...we have LIMITED space lady. There's only so much product we can fit on our shelves.

And I honestly don't know why we only carry the one dewormer.

We have at least twelve different types for dogs it feels like.

but only the one for cats.

Not sure why that is.

But that's how it is.

And it's 2 minutes before close and me and my coworkers are exhausted from having to deal with a ton of needy customers like this customer the ENTIRE day and we're just ready for everyone to leave and be done for the night.

And this customer is just expecting me to wave my hand and suddenly pull out the product they showed me on their phone like a fancy magic trick.

No can do.

They ended up buying the tapeworm dewormer in the end.

But it was very hard to not snap at the customer and be like "Either buy it or leave but I want to go home." at them.

*exhales*

Why do people have to be difficult?

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment