Friday, March 19, 2021

Six Feet Back

 So there I was bagging crickets for a customer when they suddenly say "Hey, I'm going to step back, six feet and all."

And I look up to see them stepping back. And they're like "Okay, I'm social distancing. Could you...pull down your mask?" 

Which....okay?

So I quickly pull down my mask so they can see my face and they're like "Where are you from?"

I tell them as I pull my mask back up.

They're like "Not Connecticut?"

Ummm...no. Born and raised here lol. 

But apparently I have a doppelganger who lives out there and this customer thought I might have been her, hence why they asked me to pull down the mask.

They wanted to check and make sure before they were like "Hey! I know you!"

And while the customer did look familiar....they could just have one of those faces....

Or else I've bagged crickets for them before. 

Still...it's interesting that the customer thought another person looks like me.

I mean, I get it every now and then here. I apparently had a doppelganger wandering around campus while I was in college. 

And I've had friends/roommates/coworkers who look similar enough to me that people ask if we're sisters or occasionally twins.

But like...with how much silver is showing in my hair now....it's kinda weird to think that someone thinks I look like someone else that they know....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment