Saturday, March 20, 2021

Waiting

 It's amazing how many Saturday's have passed by in a person's lifetime...and yet customers seem to forget the fact that Saturday is a 'shopping' day for most people who work 9-5 M-F jobs. 

So of course the store is going to be more crowded, more busy, you'll actually have to wait in lines in order to buy the things you decided that you needed to get today. 

 It's also amazing how many people think that they're so much more important than all the other folks waiting in line and want to skip said line and be served first. *exhales* Like yes. I get you don't want to wait. But too bad. Everyone else is waiting too.

I had a customer come into the store today to return a hamster that had...well died. 

And instead of wanting to get their money back they decided they wanted to go look at the hamsters first and see if they wanted to get a new one.

And unfortunately for them, in the time they were looking....the line got really long. Like really really long. 

Because people have this amazing herd mentality of deciding to all check out at the same time.

And unfortunately it was just me, my cashier, and the petcare person in the store at that point.

And I was busy trying to catch a bird while my pet care person was catching fish and my cashier was trying to ring out people as fast as possible -which is near impossible when people decide to be complicated with returns and purchases and asking a ton of stupid questions.

And the customer who decided to wait to get a new hamster didn't want to wait in line to get their money back.

Which they had to wait in line to get their money back because I had already marked the receipt and taken the body of the hamster and therefore the customer needed to get their money back today because we can only honor things within a certain time frame and since I'd already marked the receipt...they wouldn't be able to get that return if they left.

Which yes. The line was long.

But it didn't seem like they had to wait that long because as soon as I was done catching the bird I jumped onto the register to help back up cashier and they were at my register soon enough.

Still. Kinda frustrating how impatient people get. Especially on Saturdays.

Like it's not my fault you all decided to come in on the same day at the same time and spend your stimulus check here. That's on you people. I just work here.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment