Saturday, February 9, 2019

Returned

I came into work today to see that our ISO tank -the tank we have to quarantine sick fish had a ton of random fish within in.
Like everthing from neons to angelfish to bala sharks to glotetras. 
Which O.o I was so confused.

I could see a few of them had ick and such.
But I thought it odd to have so many fish --around 30 or so? suddenly in our tank.

Though I didn't think much of it because yesterday was our fish shipment.
So I figured some of the fish had come in sick yesterday and my coworkers had put them in the ISO tank to recover. 

Turns out it was an entirely different story.

So apparently sometime earlier in the week. Maybe two or three days ago (when I wasn't there) 
A customer came into the store and got a brand new tank.
But also got around FORTY fish to put into his tank.
On the same day.

Which. O.o I really wish I knew which coworker bagged up all those fish because we usually strongly recommend waiting at least 24 hours after setting up a brand new tank before adding in any fish and when adding in fish only to do a few at a time. Like 5-6 at a time.

Because if you set up a tank and then add a ton of fish all in the same day,
It greatly increases the chances of the fish dying and/or getting sick from stress.

Which...did my coworker not realize this was a bad idea?
Did they try and convince the customer not to but the customer refused?
Hard to say for sure.
No one is talking.

But in any case. 
Yesterday the customer came back in...and returned all the fish. (and maybe the fishtank? not clear on that) because some of his fish had died and the other ones all had ick. 

So the dude had the fish like 2 days before returning them all and like....
O.o

So weird.
So weird. 

I honestly want to figure out how the whole situation came about....because that's just an odd one in my book.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment