Saturday, February 2, 2019

Only Goldfish

Had a customer come into the store wanting to get a fish for a 2 1/2 year old.
And of course...she was thinking of putting said fish in a bowl.

Specifically a goldfish.

Specifically a rather large goldfish.

Which I told her wasn't a great idea. 

Because a) the goldfish was too big for the bowl.
and b) Goldfish in bowls are a lot of work, you need to change the water like every other day to keep them happy and alive. 

So I suggested she try a betta fish as they do better in bowls. Needing only to have a water change like once a week in comparison to the goldfish. 

She wasn't keen on the idea at all.

Specifying that the fish was for a TWO year old.

Which....I didn't get why a goldfish was considered the better pet for a kid than a betta fish.

But she was set.
Nothing was changing her mind. 
-I think she said she had goldfish before and wanted to do them again or something.

*exhales*
I wish we didn't carry bowls.

In any case.

I showed her said bowls.
and she was like "So what kind of water does it need?" 

Uh...tap water? Bottled water? You know....almost any water would do. 

She then said "Can you fill the bowl up with water for me?"

O.o Why? "That's not something we usually do." Was my response.
Because like it's much more difficult to carry around a bowl full of water than like an...empty bowl. 

"How am I supposed to take the fish home then!" 

*exhales*
It's a question I understand more with the other animals I sell. Birds. Reptiles. Hamsters. Their method of containment for transporting them home isn't obvious.

But like....fish? It's easy.
We put them in a bag of water and give it to you.

Easy peasy.

*shakes head* 

Yah. Not quite sure what she was thinking for most of our conversation. But hopefully she's content with her goldfish purchase. 

-Sarnic Dirchi 


No comments:

Post a Comment