Thursday, February 28, 2019

Where Is It?

My manager called me after I got home from work today.

Because earlier, I'd answered a phone call.

Where a customer was calling again because the last person she'd talked to over the phone had told her that the least expensive pet training collar we had in the store was $100.
But she'd gone online and found one for half that price that we should also have in the store.

So she wanted me to go and see if we had it in stock. 

I ended up going to the aisle holding all our electronic gizmos and double checking the tags there to see if we had this 'cheaper training collar' 

I nearly didn't see it.
But I did find the placeholder for said training device.

Now I had to find out if we had it in the store.
So I went to our cabinet holding all the pricey electronic stuff and unlocked it. 
-As to avoid theft we've locked up our electronics. 

And managed to find it.

The customer said she'd be in 'soon'
And so I just gave the cashier the heads up that a customer was coming in for a training collar and it was in the locked cabinet on the right side in the door.
Keyword there is LOCKED

Because we also have a second cabinet where we keep the online orders customers have sent in. 

So I said "locked" because electronics is always locked. 

Should have known it wouldn't be easy for my coworkers to find it.
*exhales*

Because my manager called asking if I had put a remote trainer on hold.

Which I technically hadn't because I'd left it in the locked cabinet.

But I could understand the confusion because we often place items in the onlineorder cabinet when people call the store and request us to put things on hold for them.

The lady didn't request to put the collar on hold though.
So I left it in it's place.

And the manager wanted to know what I'd done with it. *shakes head*

Manager too didn't first understand what I meant by 'locked cabinet' so I had to clarify that it was in the cabinet where we keep the training collars and the flea and tick stuff and had to again clarify that I'd stated it was in the door of said cabinet. 

*exhales*

We got there in the end.
And hopefully the customer was happy with it.

But still...sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to tell my coworkers things if they don't remember them two seconds later....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment