Saturday, May 4, 2019

More Noise

Had a customer come into the store, who had bought a couple of birds from us a little under a week ago.
And he was complaining mostly because the birds weren't making as much noise as he expected them to.

Which...is an odd complaint as usually people want pets that don't make noise....
But no.
He was playing videos and everything to try and get them to chatter more.

And eventually came up with the solution that he needed to buy more birds in order to get them to chatter more.

Which...I suppose could work in theory.
But also like....birds do have their downtime as well.
I mean even in the store they have periods where they're all asleep and quiet.
It's not like they're up at chattering and making noisy every second that we're open or anything.

Plus the parakeets are all babies. Like 3-4 months old. 
So who knows how much noise they make at that age as to opposed when they're older.

-Which the dude was like "How old are mine?! I have the receipt. Can you tell me how old the birds are from my receipt?!"

Uh. No.
It's only a guestimate really on our end that they're 3-4 months old. Some may be older. But like....I have no idea what their age is. 

In any case.
The other difficult part was that the dude wanted the 'active' birds.
Only he came in at the wrong time.
Because literally every single bird was sleeping.
So it was sort of a 'helpless gesture' sort of moment for me because dude...I can't tell which bird is most active.

To make it even more difficult.
He wanted a boy and a girl parakeet.

but like....at the 3-4 month age is when they're just starting to get the coloration to their beaks that lets us tell the difference between the genders.
So a lot of the birds I couldn't tell if they were a boy or girl...

In the end though.
He finally picked a pair.

I can only hope that having four birds gives him the chatter and noise that he wanted from the original couple.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment