Thursday, May 16, 2019

What's In The Box?

So I was in the back behind the fishwall when I got a call over the radio asking if I wanted to see a snake.

Which knowing that we weren't expecting any more snakes in....it had to be a customer bringing in a snake.
So it was either a visiting snake that a customer had brought in because it was their pet....

Or someone had found a snake and wanted us to either a) take it or b) identify it or c) something else.

So I go out to the main floor to see this guy with a cardboard box.
So my immediate thought was that it was a wild snake.

Nope.

Apparently the customer does a bit of maintenance for buildings like maybe an apartment complex or a house that's been rented out or something.

And while he was there....

He discovered a snake under the fridge.

O.o A random place to find a snake.

But said snake was in the box.

I was half expecting it to be a wild snake.
Like a garden or gopher and really hopefully not a rattlesnake.

Nope.

It was a ball python

A good sized one too.
Not like full grown.
But it was nearly as wide around as my wrist (though I have thin wrists) and was a good two to three feet long.

So a nice big snake compared to the babies I get into the store. 

And the dude was wanting to know what sort of things he would need to be able to care for it. 

Which makes sense. He hasn't been around snakes much and we have.

lol but apparently he was afraid to handle it because it had 'eaten in a while' from what he'd gathered.

-Not sure how long the owners had been gone....but the snake was now his to keep.

Generally though ball pythons are pretty mellow, so I had no fear in picking him up.

Poor thing was shedding and such.

But seeing me handle the snake so easily gave the guy the confidence to handle it as well.
As he hadn't really done it before that point afraid that it would bit him.

lol by the time he left the store he definitely was enamored with the snake.
Holding it confidently with a big smile on his face.

It was a great moment. ^^;;

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment