Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Run?

Had a customer come up to me today asking how old their puppy has to be before they can tolerate longer walks/runs.

O.o

Having never really gone on 'long walks/runs' when I had dogs...it wasn't anything I had actually considered.
Like...you go until they get tired?

I didn't tell her that.
Basically said "I'm sorry, I don't know, I'm not a dog trainer." 

Sooo I think she left to find someone else to ask? *shrugs* Dunno.

Come to find out later -when she was long gone and I couldn't help her-

Usually you want to wait til they're 9months to a year old....sometimes longer depending on the dog, to go on longer walks/runs with the pup to help protect their joints/bones etc. 

*shakes head*
I learn something new every day. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment