Monday, September 30, 2019

Shrimp?

Had a customer come in the store today looking to get some Ghost Shrimp.
Which isn't usually a problem.
Except he wanted a boy and a girl one.

Which...I've never really been shown the difference between the genders in Ghost Shrimp.
Like I know you can see the eggs within the females on occasion, but I had no idea if that was an 'all the time thing' or just a 'once in a while' thing.

And when I mentioned I wasn't sure how to tell the difference,
the dude was like "Seriously?" 

Well. Yah Seriously.
It's not like I specialize in knowing all the little details about every creature that we sell.
I just know the basics for most of them and then occasionally some special little detail. 

In any case.
He pointed out the females. Saying "look see the berries?" 
As apparently he refers to the eggs within the female ghost shrimp as 'berries.' O.o 

But in any case.
I managed to fish out a couple males and females for him.
So hopefully he went home happy. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment