Wednesday, August 19, 2020

All the Same, Yet Different

I had the weirdest coincidence happen at work today.

So there I was picking our online orders that had come in so that we could send notice to customers that they could come get the stuff they'd ordered online.

And I opened the first order to see that someone wanted a bag of Canidae Dog Food. 
They wanted the small bag. In Salmon flavored.

Easy enough. I grab the order, print out the order slip and take it up front to place in the holding area and move onto the next order....

Which was a bag of Canidae Dog Food. 
Small bag.
For a second I had to wonder if our Ipad had glitched and showed me an order I had already picked.
But no.
It was a different bag. 
This customer wanted a Beef flavored bag of dog food.

BUT THEN.
I had a THIRD order.
For a single small bag of Canidae dog food. Turkey flavored.

And you know what my fourth order I picked was?
Yep.
A single small bag of Canidae dog food. Chicken flavored.

Like.
What are the odds?!
To have 4 different people at the same time decide to order the same brand of dog food and pick completely different flavors?
Like sure it would make more sense if everyone picked chicken or something.
It's just crazy that they all decided on a different flavor of dog food even when it was in the same brand all independently of each other.

it's a crazy coincidence. 
And i had to wonder if some group had met up and decided to order food all at once.

Not so much.
We did later discover that there's an online coupon for a free bag of Canidae dog food if you order it for online pick up --as a way to convince customers to do online pick up orders instead of coming into the store. 

But still. 
It's crazy that the managed to pick four different flavors. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment