Saturday, August 8, 2020

"Big"

 It's always amusing--and sometimes really irritating--how customers grossly misjudge the size of their tanks.

Like they always overestimate the size of them. Thinking that they're 'huge' when they're not.

I had a customer do that today.

Telling me that they had a 'nice big tank' with 'plenty of space' for their fish.

But hearing that they had like a betta fish, I knew that 'huge' probably wasn't actually huge.

So I did a bit of digging, asking exactly how many gallons their tank was.

And they were like oh...I think it's like 2 or 3 gallons? (after checking his phone he said it was a 5 gallon but who knows)

And I'm like....dude.

That's not a big tank.

That's not plenty of space.

That tank is tiny. 

A nice big tank would be anything over 36 gallons.

*shakes head*

Still.

I did my best to help them find some fish that would work with the betta in the 5 gallon tank. 

Hopefully the ones the customer chose do well.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment