Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Do You Work Here?

It always slightly boggles my mind when customers ask me if I work at my store.

Because like...I'm wearing a uniform shirt with my work's name on it.

I have a name tag on.

Like...compared to other stores, it should be pretty obvious that I work here. 

And yet, customers still ask me if I work here despite the clear signs I do.

Today was even more mindboggling.

Because like I was up on one of our fish ladders, my arm deep in the fish tank there as I was scrubbing the glass to get it free from algae and such.

And this customer came up to me and asked me if I worked here.

Like....O_o

My hand is deep in the tank. I'm on a ladder. It's obvious I'm scrubbing things.

Why would I NOT be a worker here?

*shakes head* 

I mean...I can see why customers would want to double check before asking their question.

I've had my moments in other stores --like barnes and noble--where I wasn't sure if a person worked in the store or not and asked them.

But their uniforms are more...discrete than the bright blue shirt I wear at my job. 

And maybe the customer was thinking that perhaps I couldn't help if I was doing some other job?

Or that I was a maintenance person fixing the tank?? 

Who knows.

Still find it kinda funny that the customer had to ask though.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment