Friday, August 14, 2020

All These Fish

So for once we actually had our fish shipment show up 'on time'
Aka show up in the morning rather than sometime in the random afternoon.
Which was great news because otherwise I would have been banging my head against the wall for four hours waiting to either help customers or wandering the store looking for something to do to pass the time.

I was working on unboxing the last level of boxes holding the fish.
Placing the bags of them into their proper tanks on the fish wall so that they could get acclimated to the temperature of the water in the store.

When a customer, who'd been hovering at the fish wall looking at the fish asked me if someone was buying all the fish in the bags or if they were part of a fishshipment.

Which....considering that I had at least 50 bags of fish spread out along the fish wall...

I couldn't quite see why a customer would think that someone else was buying all the fish.
Because like...we don't leave fish in the bags in the tanks if customers want them.
We catch them, bag them up, and then hand said bag to the customer. 

There's no reason to put the bags in the tanks in the meantime.

And like if he'd been paying any attention at all, he would have seen me opening boxes and placing the fish bags in the boxes into the tanks.
Like...it would be obvious, I would think, that I was putting out a new shipment of fish. *shakes head*

He also proceeded to ask "When do you get in your fish shipment?"

And I was like *gestures to everything* Right now? Today?

He hurriedly corrected himself wanting to know "how often" we get in fish shipments. Like if it was once a month or weekly or what. 

It's once a week. Every Friday. (so long as the truck plays nice and shows up on time.) 

I dunno if he was trying to decide how often fish came in...
Or like if he was trying to pick fish that hadn't just barely come into the store. 

Which it's obvious which ones have just come in because I hadn't finished putting out the fish bags.
And usually I wait until all the fish are out into the tanks before I release them into the tanks.

Though today I did make a couple of exceptions, unbagging a couple of fish earlier because I felt they were too crowded (2 giant oranda goldfish in one tiny bag) or like...there was a fish struggling to stay alive in a bag so I released it quicker into the fresh water in hopes it would help the fish live. (doesn't always work. but I try)

So if the customer was trying to get a fish that had been in the store longer....
He failed.
Because the cichlid he picked out as one he wanted was one that I had actually released early into the tank because the companion cichlid was on the verge of death and I was hoping to save it (I didn't) 
But yah. The other cichlid was doing quite well....hopefully it still does well in this guy's tank.

*shakes head*
In any case.
Still think it was funny that the guy thought one customer would want 50 some odd bags of fish. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment