Thursday, August 13, 2020

Superworms

So we've out of superworms for the past week. 
Because they basically sold out within a day when we got them in last Thursday.
Which makes sense cus I only got in like...twelve.

Thankfully though.
I got in a few more today.
24 containers of 25ct Superworms.

Which probably will also vanish within the next couple of days if they haven't already all been sold by the end of today.

In any case.
I'm not sure how the conversation started.
But my manager ended up calling me over to the podium.
Where a customer was waiting.

The problem?
The customer need a ton of superworms.
From how it was explained they needed like...200-300 superworms?

Which is alot.
Especially when I have a limited supply of them.
As each container only has like 25 in it.
So 4 containers would be 100.
8 would be 200
12 would be 300.

And considering that I've had people constantly asking me throughout the week if we had any in stock.
I was loathe to give like half of my supply at least to this customer.
Who apparently needed all the worms for a....biology?? class taught at the nearby university.

Thankfully the customer was understanding of the situation.
And was like "I'll take as many as you can give me."
Because they were aware that if there's a shortage going on that it's a pretty dick move to take all of our superworms. 
Especially when we had a large cricket shortage happening at the same time. (I didn't get in any today and we've been out of them since like Monday) which means that more people will be looking to get various types of worms to supplement until they can get more crickets.

I ended up allowing them to take six containers. 
Which was like...1/4 of our supply.
But at least it still left us with around 18 containers (though some had already sold earlier) to hand out to customers.

Though again....I doubt they'll last long.
If I still have some tomorrow I'll be surprised. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment