Monday, August 17, 2020

Off to the Vet

I made the rare trip to the vet today.
As the managers were busy and couldn't leave, and we needed to get a parakeet to the vet to be looked at. 
Soooo.
I was the best option to get the bird there in a timely manner. 

As the parakeet has been acting weird the past couple of days.
Well...since it came into the store really.
As it won't use it's right leg, and doesn't really stand upright.

But we weren't sure what all it was.
And because it was the weekend...we couldn't take it to the vet as the hours differ. 
Sooooo

Off to the vet today I went. :D 
Woo field trip!

Lol it was rather nice to get out of the store for a bit and basically 'go run an errand.' 

I was rather sad they didn't ask me to go get the bird when the vet was done examining it. 

From what the vet can guess...is that the parakeet is suffering from a spinal injury of some sort. 
So they've given us some anti-inflammatory meds to see if getting some of the inflammation down would help the bird to recover.
So we'll see what happens in a week.

I hope the bird recovers.
We'll see. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment