Thursday, September 17, 2020

Messy Tank

 So my manager decided a while ago that having the turtle tank on our fish wall be part of the fish system itself wasn't a good idea. 

I'm not sure why.

Like...water is constantly flowing meaning that the tank doesn't get stagnant and the water stays cleaner.

My guess is that they were concerned with the treatments we put into the fish tanks to treat potential fish illnesses and such on a weekly basis.

But like...we usually turn off access to the turtle tanks when we do that. So that none of the chemicals go into those tanks when the rest of the fish wall is treated.

But the manager decided we needed to set up internal filters within the turtle tanks so they can be in their 'own water' or whatever.

Which sure, I get it.

But it makes more work for us.

As now we have to monitor the water levels and make sure to maintain the internal filters so they don't get clogged up and continue to provide clean water for the turtles.

Unsurprisingly....

The tank got filthy.

Like today when I came in I noticed that the water was super cloudy and that the few goldfish in the tank we'd placed in there to feed the turtles...were gasping at the surface for air.

*exhales* 

For the months before we had the internal filters there wasn't this issue. Because the turtle tanks were part of the fish wall system and therefore fresh water constantly flows.

But no one else ever thinks to check the internal filters besides me. I don't even know if they know how to do so. 

Which means I have to monitor the situation and gah....it's frustrating. 

I may be checking in with our DM the next time they come in and ask them if it's okay to put the turtles back in the main fish system...or if we have to leave them with the internal filters....as maintaining them is a pain otherwise.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment