Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Open to Close

It's exhausting to have to open up the department only to have to turn around and close it down again at the end of my eight hour shift.

Like I thought I was to the end of having to do such things after I switched back to mornings.
But due to coworker schedule changes and a lack of hours, I've had to do a soft closing of my department before I leave for the day because we go down to just two people in the evening.

And corporate has stated that we need to keep the department open all day now instead of closing it early.
So basically my job was to do all the closing tasks so that when the store closes my coworkers basically just need to turn off the lights and call it good.

*shakes head*

I honestly don't know why they can't do it around closing time when it slows down a bit....like closing the department takes maybe half an hour currently?

But yah.
It's exhausting.
Especially since we hit a rush about half an hour to an hour before I leave for the day.
So it's a scramble to get all my opening tasks done.
And an even faster scramble to make sure all of closing has been done too.

Which part of opening is scrubbing out a section of our fish wall each day.
And today.
I did the section in like...five minutes?
Doing a quick clean on all the walls and such.

And my arm is totally feeling it right now.
So sore.
So tired.

Thankfully I don't have to open and close my department again for the rest of this week...so hopefully I can relax and do things a bit slower....we'll see.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment