Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Same Name

So I had a customer call the store saying that they had arrived to pick up their online order. 

Which, easy enough to get, I just needed a name.
So the customer told me their name and I looked it up on the Ipad and was like "Okay, I have your order Stacy, I'll be right out to get it." 
(Name has been changed) 

So I hit 'confirm' on Stacy's name and go grab her order and bring it out to the car.
Only for the customer to be like: O_o that's not what I ordered.

And I was like "For Stacy right?"
And she was like "Yes...but I ordered some dog treats and some fake grass." 

Which...considering the order I had brought out contained milk replacer for puppies...
Meant that it definitely wasn't the right order.

But I did remember seeing an order with fake grass sooo I figured that there must have been two orders by people named Stacy.

So I was like "I'll be right back." 
Sure enough.
There was an order for Stacie that had the fake grass.

So I brought that order out to the customer and it was the correct one this time.
Woot!

However.
There was a slight problem now...in that I had already confirmed the other Stacy's order.
Which meant when she came into the store to grab her order...we wouldn't have a record of it on our Ipad because I'd already confirmed it as being taken. *exhales* 

So I let the manager know and she wrote a note on the order so that we would know it still needed to be picked up by the other customer.

Only as she was finishing writing that note.
I got a phone call.

And the customer on the other end was like "Hi, I just got an email saying that my order had been picked up...but I haven't come to grab it yet."
And I was like: "For Stacy right?"
"Yah"
"Yah, we accidentally confirmed your order because there were two Stacy's and the other Stacie came to pick up hers. But your order is still here. You can come grab it."

She was like "Great! Only...I actually don't want it anymore. Can I cancel it?" 

:S
I had no idea actually as I had accidentally confirmed it so it wasn't on our Ipad anymore....not that I could personally cancel the order as that's something only a manager can do. But I took down the customer's information in case we needed anything more from her, and went to the manager to see if we could cancel that order.

Yep.
We can. So it wasn't as complicated as an issue as I thought.

But definite note to self.
Double check names before hitting confirm. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment