Wednesday, December 23, 2015

MLAARE -By A Thread

Had a sad situation at work today.

I was busy opening the store.
I don't know if I would have even seen it and been able to do anything...if I'd been there as it happened.
Its just...if you don't expect to see something...you don't see it.

And I didn't even see it until a boy pointed it out to me.

"You have a Dead Parakeet."
O.o What?!
Usually if a bird happens to die on the floor. you see the body on the bottom of the cage.
Which, there wasn't one.

Then the boy pointed to our rope toy we had hanging from the cage.
The one with frayed ends on the bottom.

And hanging from that...by the neck.... was a parakeet. :(
Poor thing.
It had somehow gotten two strings around its neck...twisted in a panic...and well...he hung himself. Y_Y
Poor thing!
I have no idea how long it struggled...I don't know if I could have rescued him if I had noticed sooner...
But...the strong was wound rather tightly.
I had to cut off the rope he was hanging from before I could unwind it from his neck.
So. So. Depressing.
So crazy!
Its like a freak accident. Something you don't imagine ever happening.
Y-Y

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment