Tuesday, December 8, 2015

MLAARE -Timing the Greenies

So, for the past couple of weeks.
I've been training a new coworker to work with me in the mornings.
Which means I've been having her do the bedding changes as they are more complicated and time consuming than the other tasks.
Because its such a time consuming task, there is always the concern about how fast my coworkers are moving. As there is a set 'time limit' for how long each task should take.

But with the Greenie, those are lax.
I don't expect the Greenies to be able to move as fast as I can on their first day. Especially when its their first time doing the particular tasks. There is going to be a lot of uncertainty, questions, corrections etc.
So I expect them to take a while on tasks.
I usually give them around a month of doing the task. (which would be like 4 times for each bedding change since it takes place once a week.) before I start urging them to go faster.
Before that point, I'm more lax about timing because I know that they're new.
lol I'm not expecting them to move the moon for me.

In any case.
Each greenie is always slightly different. They catch onto one thing quicker than another, or just don't catch on at all. Timing always shifts depending on the coworker and their capabilities.

What's funny about my current greenie is that she's really concerned about timing.
How fast she's moving, if she's going too slow, if she's doing things on time. etc.

Lol I've had to tell her multiple times to relax. To not be so uptight about getting things done right the first time. Or fast.
She's new. I understand that. I'm willing to let her figure it out.

But the nice thing is...that she's figuring it out quickly.
Even though this week is only her second time going through the particular bedding changes, she's doing them nearly as fast as I am.
Which is nice. Because we can get things done faster elsewhere in the dept.

I'm glad she's concerned about doing things fast. ^^ We'll see if she can keep up the pace, but right now she's doing really good for being super new to everything. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment