Monday, December 14, 2015

MLAARE -Lefty Bitten

There's a thing about hamsters...
When they're grumpy....they like to bite.
Especially when they don't want to take the medicines you're trying to make them take.
And when they bite...
They bite down on whatever is closest to their teeth.
Which can, on occasion, be the hand that's holding them.

Thankfully we have precautions for that.
Little things called Gardening Gloves.
Aka... our "Bite Gloves."
Nice thick gloves that little hamster teeth. (or thorns or pointy gardening plants) can't get through.

So we can wear them and protect our hands from sharp pointy teeth.

Only...
There's a problem though.
With going on vacation. Disappearing from the store for a couple of days.
Is that things tend to happen while I'm gone.
Things move around, get cleaned up, thrown away.

So when I came in today.
To give the meds.
I automatically looked for the Bite Gloves.

And I found one.
Just one.
The left handed glove.

Which is great.
....For right handed people.
As you hold the hamster in the nondominate hand, give the meds with the dominate hand. Nobody gets bitten.

Guess what?
I'm left handed.
Wearing a bite glove on my dominate hand... doesn't work.
Because I have to give the meds with my right hand.
And I'm not right handed. Like I said above.

So it took a lot longer to give the meds today.
Because I couldn't find the other glove.

Turns out, it more than likely got thrown away. *sighs*
Hopefully...
We get another set of bite gloves in soon.
So if anything, life gets easier for me again.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment