Monday, May 16, 2016

A Hamster Return

A little bit ago, like over a weekish...
I sold hamster to a customer. Well a family.

It was one of my favorite kinds, the Short-Haired Syrian.

And being the diligent worker I am.
I told them as much as I could about the hamster.
Including things to look out for in case the hamster started getting sick.

Because often the main disease with hamsters is Wet-Tail
A bad form of diarrhea, that can be fatal if not caught early enough and treated.

So I usually warn customers who get Syrian Hamsters about it, as it's more prevalent in the Syrian Breed for some reason.

In any case.

The customers ended up coming back into the store a few days ago with their hamster, Gizmo.
Because they'd noticed the night before that he hadn't been acting right and that his bottom was wet as I had described.

A quick glance proved their thoughts correct.
Gizmo had somehow gotten wet-tail. :S

It was still in the early stages because he was still being active, though you could tell he wasn't feeling the best.

So, I promised that we'd do our best to take care of their hamster Gizmo.

The father was like "I've grown attached to him, he will pull out of it right?"
I couldn't give him a yes answer.
Because if I did...I'd probably jinx it.

As honestly, animals can appear fine one moment and be dead in the next....

So I didn't want to say "yes he'll recover," and then have to call them a day later and say that he had passed in the night. :S

Still....
I hoped that we'd caught it early enough.
That I wouldn't have to make that phone call.

Because I wanted the family to have their Gizmo back. Since they seemed to adore him.

I took him, and promised I'd give an update when I could.
And immediately took him to our back room where we keep animals that aren't feeling well.
And began to treat him.
With Wet Tail Drops.
Hoping that he'd make it.

And thankfully.
He did!
Thanks to the diligence of Gizmo's owners.
We caught it early enough to save him. ^^

Yay!
The owners were very happy to get their pet back.
Super thankful. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment