Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dating in Blue

So every week we get in a shipment of various types of bugs.
Like crickets, mealworms, waxworms, red wigglers, night crawlers, fruit flies, superworms, and recently hornworms.

And as a way to keep track of when each shipment of bugs comes in.
We take a marker, and date the bug containers.
That way we can ensure that our older containers are sold before our newer containers.

Otherwise we'd probably end up just selling the most recent containers and the older containers would just sit in the back and die off....

In any case.

As I was busy with other tasks in the store,
My coworker took charge of dating and putting away this week's bug shipment.

That's what she was working on when I went off to take my lunch break.

And when I got back.

She informed me that she'd put away the crickets and such (as we don't date those)
but hadn't touched any of the containers of various worms.
She'd just left them in the back for me.

Why?

Because she'd been unable to find a marker to use to mark the dates on the containers.

O.o
How could that be, when we had plenty on the podium. They couldn't have all disappeared in the half hour I'd been gone on lunch.

So I asked her if there weren't any on the podium.

....Apparently....
She hadn't realized we could use those markers to mark the containers.
Why?
Because she'd thought we could only mark the containers in with a black marker.

And the ones we keep to write stuff on the fish bags and cricket bags....are blue.

It's funny....
Because we haven't used black markers in ages. Like at least a year.
As we'd switched to Blue markers a while ago.

I don't understand why she thought it had to be black....like we used to use black markers....before the head manager decided to switch us to blue.....so maybe that's where she got it from....

Obviously I need to have her date the bug shipment more often....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment