Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What Order?

Okay....
I've known this for a while.
That my brain works a bit differently than my coworkers.

But there are days when it's just....incomprehensible for me....why my coworkers can't....well remember things.

Today's angst involves our fish tanks.
As we have a system in place.
And have had in place for probably close to a year now.
Where for four out of the seven days, we pull out the decorations in the fish tanks.
A certain section each day.
In order to clean the decorations so that any algae or other things that are on the decorations are cleaned away.
That way our tanks stay looking nice and clean and healthy.

Like I said, we've been doing this for months and months now. Even years.

Yet...my coworkers still can't get it into their heads as to which ornaments are pulled which nights!
O.o
How hard can it be? Left to right, you pull the first section of 18 on the first night.
The second section on the second night.
The third section of the next 18 on the next night.
And on the fourth night, the last section of tanks.

It's not like it's a random assortment. Of "Hey grab tanks 1-3, 8-20, 41&42"
No it's like "grab the first 18 tanks on the wall."

Yet....
The ornaments ended up getting pulled on the wrong night!
Ugh.
It wasn't even a night that we usually pull the decorations!
And the person who pulled them had pulled them often enough that they should have known that we don't pull ornaments that night!

In the end.
I ended up writing out (again) on a paper what days which decorations from which tanks should be pulled.
So that my coworkers can have their little cheat sheet around and hopefully get the task right. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment