Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Lot of Pests

We have these pest snails in our tanks.
Snails we don't carry or sell.
But they multiply like crazy -coming in on plants or in our fish shipments....

It's a never ending task to get rid of them all.
Especially since our system is soooo old, I'm sure there are tons of snails hiding out in the pipes.

Because we don't sell them.
And we just get rid of them.
If customers want them, we give them away for free.

Most people grab these pest snails because they have fish -particularly puffer fish- who like to eat them.
Others get them because they look cool.
And others...idk why they get them...

In any case.
I had a woman come into the store.
And get really excited when she saw that we had these pest snails.
Particularly the Trumpet Snail.

Apparently she's been to other pet stores and has seen the shells of the snails, but no live snails inside of them.
As other stores are having more luck with getting rid of them apparently.

So she was happy to see we had a nice healthy colony of them.
Though she didn't know how extensive they'd gotten...
She only saw 2 in one tank.

But I told her there were more.

So she wanted me to get as many as I could.

lol. Oh, I could get a lot.

Since I was off just then.
I went to the tanks I knew had a ton of these trumpet snails in them.
And pulled out like 30 of them for her.

She was happy about it lol.
No idea why, but she was.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment