Wednesday, May 11, 2016

How Many??

I had a customer come up to me and ask me to get them fish.
Not an uncommon occurrence....since I work in a pet store....

What she wanted was some of our inexpensive feeder gold fish.
To put out into a pond as the weather is finally getting warm enough to put in new koi and goldfish into them without killing them with over night freezes.

Easy enough.
Just needed to see what size she wanted.
Large.

And how many she wanted. So I asked her. "How many fish?"
No response.
Maybe she didn't hear me as I'd been turned away from her when I spoke.
So as I approached her again I said "How many am I catching?"

Still no response.
She points to one she wants.
So I bend down and catch that particular gold fish.
Again asking. "So how many am I looking for."

Finally, after an eternity.
She answers.

"Six."
She points out three of them,
and then lets me pick whatever other three I want to.

*shakes head*

No idea why it took her so long to answer....
but okay...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment