Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Bigger Bag

It's not fun to consistently disappoint customers.
Yet, some days. There's no way to help it.
After all. If the customer is looking for a product we don't have on the shelf.....then there's not much I can do to make them happy if it's not somewhere in the back.

Today's trend though.
Was large bags of food.
Cat food, Dog Food.

Two or Three times today, I had a customer come up to me and tell me that they couldn't find a larger bag of the brand they wanted on the shelf and were wondering if I could look in the back for them.

This is always a bit tricky on truck days.
Because we technically get our trucks in a day before we work it.
-Due to our trucks no longer coming at a set time, it's easier to just bring the stockers in the next day when we know the shipment will already be there.
So for all I know...
The product that I'm looking for could be in a series of boxes or on pallets that I can't see....

That doesn't stop me from checking the overflow area of our back area. Where the extra bags of food are stored. As the stockers don't always get the chance to refill the shelves when needed.

In any case.
Even checking as best as I could through our shipment.

I failed again and again to find what the customer was looking for.

Which definitely is frustrating for the customer.
But also frustrating for me because I don't like not being able to make people happy.
-I mean if they're being a jerk about it, then it's just karma biting them back when I can't find something,
Generally though, I am there to help customers get what they want.
And being unable to help.
Is frustrating.

Especially if I can't help with a similar problem multiple times.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment