Monday, December 26, 2016

The Same Question

There are days when the phones at work like to continuously ring.
Like, there are so many customers calling us that once we hang up on one conversation with one customer, the phone is already ringing with another call from a different customer.

Today was one of those days.

The phone rang, and this time around I was actually in a position to answer it.
-As the last three or four times I'd been busy with other customers in the store so hadn't been able to pick up.
So I picked up the phone.

and a guy on the other end was like: "Do you have any pet mice?"
I carry them yes, but I'd actually sold out, so I didn't have any on hand. So my response was. "Sorry, we're out."
"Okay then." He said hanging up.
The line went dead.
But my phone did not.
It was already ringing again.
So I picked it up.
And it was a girl on the line this time.
Her question?
"Do you have any pet mice?"

O.o
Huh....it's like I just had this conversation....so weird. lol.
So I told her the same response that I'd told the gentleman 15 seconds earlier. "No, we're out."
"Okay then." And she hung up.

And guess what?
Yah.
The phone rang again.
This time a male.
...but thankfully, no questions about mice. lol. It was a question on if we had any kittens....which we did not.

In any case.
It's not uncommon for me to answer the same question multiple times in a row.
It happens quite frequently to be honest. lol. It's like suddenly everyone is thinking at the same time: "I wonder if Starsmet has (object) let's call and find out!"

But I am curious...
If the two customers who called about the mice....
Actually knew each other.

Like was it a tag-team where they were a couple and were calling multiple pet stores in search of pet mice? Did it so happen that they accidentally called the same store right after the other?

Or were they two people who had no idea who the other was, and on their own called with the same question, without knowing someone else had just called and asked the same thing?

Or was it a situation of: "They told me no." "Well maybe its because you're a guy, here let me call them again to make sure.....oh they told me no too."

*shakes head*
I probably will never know.
but at least both people know that we don't have mice currently. lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment