Thursday, December 22, 2016

Sure I Can Help You

I had a customer approach me today.
With various questions about our different types of frogs.
As they were planning to buy one as the last one they had died.
So I spent like 10 or 15 minutes talking about the various types of frogs and what kind of cage set ups they would need etc. Helping them to come to a decision about what they wanted to get.

It ended up being an off and on process with them, as I would leave them, and they would come back to ask more questions, a cycle that repeated multiple times.

To which the customer was like "I bet you're getting tired of getting interrupted."

lol I was in the middle of attempting to clean the reptile cages.
But I've had long experience with Thursdays and cleaning the reptiles.
Once the store opens, it's almost a guarantee that I'll have a long interruption that delays me in my task.
So I've kinda just come to terms with it and just roll with it when it happens.
I told the customer as much. "Nah, it's kinda typical for Thursdays for this to happen. I'm used to it."

lol.
But its always interesting to note when customers seem to be worried that they're taking up my time.
Which, granted...if I'm super busy with customers, it's rather tedious to get stuck with a customer who keeps asking questions, especially when I can sense the other customers nearby getting impatient with waiting.

But over all.
I don't always mind when I spend time with customers.
Sure if I'm way behind with my own tasks then its hard to not want to break away quickly.
Yet, it's kinda my job to help customers who have questions about animals.
So. Spending time with customers and helping them come to a decision and make a choice on what they're going to buy, is what I should be doing once the store opens lol.
Any other tasks I need to do, are what I do when there aren't customers around. lol

So yah. Job 1. To help customers. Job 2. Do tasks that keep the dept looking nice.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment