Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Price Check

I had jumped on the register to back-up my coworker.
When a woman came through my line, with a fussy toddler in arms.
One that was insistent that the dog treats at the register were food for him.

In any case,
As the woman tried to handle her child, she pulled out a couple of cat beds and asked me to compare the prices of them, because she wanted the one that cost less.

I shrugged it off and didn't think much of it, as the cat beds easily get moved around and out of place. So I scanned them and told her which one cost less.

She then proceeded to do the same thing for three cat toys.

...Which are less likely to be moved around.
And it's doubtful those got placed in the wrong locations as cat people tend to put things back as compared to the people who wander down the dog toy aisle.

Still. I told her the prices of the three toys.
And she picked the one she liked the price of most.

And went on her way.

Leaving me to put away the unwanted cat bed and toys.

Which I did.
I placed the toys and bed back noting as I did so.
That the prices were clearly shown right by the items.

So again I have to wonder....
Why the woman went through the trouble of bringing up the items when she could have just compared the prices right there in the aisle and picked what cost less.

It would have been easier.
Though with the toddler in arms....perhaps coming up to the register was easier, just pick what looks good, bring them up to the register and have the cashier tell them prices so they can decide then.

*shrugs*
Who knows.
People think in interesting ways.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment