Thursday, December 29, 2016

Snapped

I broke a lid today while I was cleaning out the reptile cages.
It was the lid that went on top of our Chameleon cage.

Not something that you'd think about being able to break.
Sure, snap off if it's on a hinge or something.

But break into three pieces? Not likely.

That's exactly what happened.
The lid was made with hard white plastic with one clear plastic piece screwed into the center.
We use them mostly for tanks that need a higher humidity as it holds the moisture in a bit better.

The lid was probably really old in any case. It could have been original to the store for all I know.

In any case.
I had pulled out the cage, and taken off the lid to move it out of the way so I could clean out the cage.
I placed the lid on top of some of the decorations on a cart I had there for that purpose.
Only...I hadn't placed the lid in a stable enough condition.
Because it slid off the decorations and onto the floor.

I didn't think it would be a fall that was hard enough to break the lid.
Apparently it was.
I'm guessing the lid fell down at just the right angle, to hit a weak spot, and snapped it into three pieces. Y_Y

Oops.

Thankfully, we have extra lids. So it wasn't like I'd just shortened us a cage.
But ugh....breaking things is never fun.
Even if it's on accident.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment