Monday, December 12, 2016

Visitor Preparation

It's that time of year again.
Where my managers go into super hyper paranoid mode.

Why?
Because we have a high and mighty visitor coming on the morrow.

Which results in a spur of frantic activity. Cleaning, organizing, more cleaning.
Doing whatever we can to make the store look 'perfect' when our visitors come.

Which means that the managers end up having us go up and beyond the simple cleaning duties.
It's scrub this.
Scrub that.
Double scrub this and that.

Honestly. It's really over board.
The sort of overboard I go into when I'd get over paranoid about cleaning checks.
"Oh no! A tiny spec of a spot! If I don't clean this I'm going to fail!!"

Managers are being the same way.

Like, there's a space on top of our fish tanks holding the fish, that is hidden from view from the customers by a flap. If the flap wasn't there the lights would be visible to everyone.
Well...the managers had us scrubbing that hidden area. Getting rid of the dust on top, and scrubbing below that too to get rid of any gunk on the other side. *exhales*

Which meant a good portion of my shift was spent with my hand in the water, scrubbing this and that.
While everyone else was busy cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, organizing, throwing away.

I won't be surprised if my arm is super sore tomorrow.

And honestly... it seems like wasted effort.
I doubt the high and mighty is going to look that closely.
But if it makes the managers feel better.
Then I'll go along with it. I'll clean and make the department 'extra shiny'

Hopefully we pass with flying colors because of it. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment