Saturday, December 10, 2016

It Should Fit!

There was this older gentleman in the store today.
One that I recognized mostly because I'd seen him earlier in the week...or was it last week? It was a crazy Monday that I saw him,
and I remembered him because my manager spent forever talking with him, and was trying to find a certain filter for this guy, but the only one we had left....the box looked a bit like it had been used. But we sold it to the guy anyways...

Only for him to bring it back, stating that it had in fact been used, and to buy a brand new one.
Only to return, and exchange that one for a different one basically the next day.

I don't know how often he came into the store.

But I never got the chance to speak with him, he either spoke with someone else or with my manager.

Today though, I had the 'opportunity' to help him.

I discovered that he'd bought one a corner tank that we sell.
And that he'd purchased the largest filter, only to find out that it didn't fit within the space provided between tank edge and glass lid.
So he'd come back to get the different 'newer' version. For the same result.
Came back and got a size down...to find that the smaller size wasn't wide enough to fit over the lip of the tank.
So he came back.
Frustrated.

Because obviously he wanted to set up the tank, but couldn't due to filter problems.
And this gentleman couldn't understand it.

Because the filter he bought, was of the same brand that the tank was.

And he thought that if the company made both products. Then the company should ensure that the product of one would fit to the product of another.
Which makes sense.
Why make a filter if it doesn't fit on the tanks you sell?
*shrugs* Who knows.

-Answer...they were thinking said filter would be used on smaller tanks not larger ones. lol.

In any case.
I ended up showing him a couple other filters.
Which he started off picking another large filter.
To which I was like "That one isn't going to fit, as the box is the same size as this other filter you bought in the box that also didn't fit."
"How do you know?! It could be padding or a lot of stuff on the side."
.....I know because usually filters are the size of the box. *rolls eyes* But I humored him. Took said product out of the box. -surprise, it was the size of the box- and put it on our display tank to show that indeed....it still wouldn't fit.

Eventually I got him talked over to a slightly smaller filter of yet another brand.
And he was so surprised that the filter actually fit on the tank when the other one hadn't. lol.
*shakes head*

But I believe he was relieved as well. To finally have a filter that would fit on his tank and not cause a ruckus with the trickling water sound.
Yay.

So he left a happy customer.

Though my heart nearly stopped when I saw him walk back into the store a few hours later.
HAD IT NOT WORKED?!?!

No.
No it had worked. :)
He was just in to buy fish.
lol. I hadn't expected him to come back so quickly after he'd set up his filter...but I guess he'd gotten impatient. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment