Monday, January 30, 2017

Blue Decorations

I just got a call from my manager. Which when I'm not at work, is always a cause for concern.
Because that usually means something has gone wrong.
Thankfully, usually the 'gone wrong' is easily answered over the phone. Usually questions that nobody else at work has an answer to.

This evening though, my manager called me.
And started out with a concerning explanation of one of my coworkers.
The way it was going, it halfway sounded like she'd seriously injured herself and wouldn't be able to work, or a shift would need to be covered for her.

But thankfully.
She was fine.

However, she'd made a mistake.

We have a particular chemical in the store, that we have to be careful in using because it's rather...strong.
We use it to treat our fish, to help prevent them from getting sick.
And spilling it...can be bad.
A manager told me once that if a lot of it spilled...we'd have to call in hazmat. :S

Well...
At night, we pull out certain sections of our fish ornaments that are in our tanks that we sell fish from. We pull them out to bleach them so algae can't grow on them.

But tonight,
somehow.
O.o
Instead of pouring bleach into the container to clean the ornaments.
My coworker poured the chemical into it instead.
.....and has apparently dyed our ornaments blue.

O.o
How my coworker got the two chemicals confused....I'm not sure. As I'm pretty sure they're found in different containers.

But in any case.
My manager was just calling to tell me about our now blue ornaments.
He doesn't know if bleaching them would get rid of the blue or not.

So, just in case the bleach didn't get rid of the blue.
My manager called to warn me of the occurrence, so I wouldn't wonder what had happened when I come in in the morning.

I'm glad to be in the loop. lol.
Though now I'm super curious as to what the outcome will be in the morning with our ornaments.
Will they be blue...or back to their normal color?

-Sarnic Dirchi

Update: Ornaments were normal! Yay for not being dyed blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment