Monday, January 2, 2017

And...How Many Is That?

It's always the same scenario.

It's the customer who asks "Can I get some crickets."
I then respond with "Large or Small"
They say the size.
I then ask "How many."
And they either answer right away or spend a couple minutes deciding how many crickets they need.

Today's customer actually knew the size of crickets they wanted.
They wanted small.

But when I asked him how many crickets he needed he said: "About two weeks worth."

O.o
.....
Keep in mind, the conversation above.
Where I ask, size and number of crickets.

But the number of crickets people get depends on the type of animal they are feeding.
Is it a spider where they only need like 2 a week?
Or is it a Bearded Dragon that will eat like 60 crickets a week?

So when the customer said "two weeks worth"
That literally could be any number.

So I was like "How many is that?"
And he was clueless.

Just like I was clueless.
Because I could bag him up 100 or I could bag up four or any number inbetween and I wouldn't know if it was right or not.

Lucky me....I know how to ask questions. And I think to ask them. *shakes head*

The question to ask when people don't know how many crickets they need is to ask them what type of pet they're feeding.
Because like I said, there's usually a trend of how many crickets particular animals will eat a week.

His response.
A wolf spider.

....okay....
I'm only familiar with tarantulas but spiders probably aren't that different.
Which meant that the spider would be eating 2-5 a week.

So I think I ended up getting the customer 10 small crickets.

*shakes head*

He would have gotten them a lot faster if he'd just told me a number instead of this whole "Two weeks worth." info.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment