Thursday, January 12, 2017

On Hold...Again

It can be rather frustrating to be put on hold.
Especially if someone picks up....only to put you on hold again.

That's part of the reason why I don't like to answer work calls that I know have most likely been put on hold. Especially since I know they're probably people on hold with the Groomers.
As for whatever reason, they tend to be grumpier about being put on hold.
More than likely because the groomers end up taking forever to get in touch with if they're busy with customers in person.

In any case.
Today, the work phones all rang out. Signaling that more than likely...someone had just 'expired' their hold time.

I picked up with the standard greeting.
and the woman on the other started the conversation with: "Please don't put me on hold again, I've already been put on hold twice."

O.o Almost I can see the groomers doing that, but it seems unlikely.
But I said "Alright, what can I help you with?" Hoping that she wasn't about to ask me a grooming question.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what she asked. She wanted to know if we had an opening for tomorrow in grooming to give her dog a bath and a shave.

And I had to tell her. "I'm sorry, I don't know, I'm not in the grooming department."
To which she sounded nearly to the point of pulling out her hair. "I'm not even in the grooming dept anymore?!"
To which I reassured her. "It's what happens when you're put on hold for too long, you go to the main store, but don't worry, I'm walking over to the groomers now to see if we can set up an appointment for you.

I suppose I could have ignored her wishes and just put her on hold again. But I decided to be nice. And ended up playing a bit of the 'middle man' as I relayed the questions and answers between the groomer and the customer.
I ended up putting them on hold for like 10 seconds so the groomers could pick up the conversation themselves on their work phone.

But hey, at least she got her results finally. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment