Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Gone

Oh, my poor trusting coworkers. :(

So, back when I first was hired here at work.
The manager then, told me that I needed to buy a lock for my locker that I would have in the break room.
Because in that point of time, there were people -I believe it was some coworkers- who were known to go through other people's lockers and take what they wanted.
But occasionally we'd get thefts from people just walking into the break room as well. -As the break room, even though it's out of the main sight of customers, isn't locked.

Still, I understood the good advice of getting a lock. So I did. Keeping my things safe when I brought them to work.

But time has passed.
And...perhaps the new management has neglected to mention the need to buy locks?
Or else, my coworkers have been procrastinating buying their locks.

Too trusting really. Thinking that no one would steal their things if they're in a locker.

But apparently.
Someone did just that.
It happened over the weekend, though I just am hearing about it now.

Someone, sometime during the day, went into our break room. Saw all those lockers standing there.
And decided to open them.
All the ones that had no locks on them.
And take whatever they wanted to.

The theft was discovered later that evening.

Coworkers of mine had lost their money, wallets, credit cards, passports, medications and who knows what else.
Because they hadn't put a lock on their lockers.

One coworker was furious stating: "Maybe this will inspire the managers to finally lock the break room."

O.o
....uh....how about have it inspire you to buy a lock? As that's easier in the long run, then having a lock on a room that is constantly being accessed by people going on breaks.

*shakes head*
I feel bad for my coworkers, who lost a bit of their trust in this incident.
I mean, it's nice to believe that no one would come take your stuff.
But honestly....it's only a matter of time when things are left unattended in unlocked places. Even here in Happy Valley. :(

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment