Thursday, January 26, 2017

Scratched

I came to my coworker's rescue twice today while the two of us were opening the department.

I'd been working on cleaning cages -since I was the first one in.
Which meant that my coworker would be doing the cats. -cleaning their litter boxes, cages, and such.

Normally an alright task to accomplish.
But apparently today, the cats were grumpy. :(

And my poor coworker ended up getting her arm pretty scratched up, when one cat refused to go back into its cage.
So while she was cleaning her scratches and bandaging them, I went in there, and calmly was able to get the cat back into it's cage without too much fuss.
Mostly because I went slowly, let the cat sniff my hand, spoke soothingly, and then firmly grabbed it by the scruff of its neck and pulled it out from under the enclosures so it could then be placed into it's cage.

The second cat didn't injure my coworker, but was as grumpy as the one that did, so again I came to my coworker's rescue to rescue the cat.
Nearly got scratched myself on this one, but thankfully I have quick reflexes. lol.

But yah, neither one of us received further injuries today from the kitty cats.
Hopefully the scratches on my coworker heal up soon. :( They don't look fun.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment