Thursday, January 19, 2017

Numbered Out There

Okay...
It's probably a bad thing to not go through and do an animal count on all our animals in the store for like three weeks in a row.

I mean, it wasn't on purpose that I didn't do the animal count the last two weeks.
I had things come up, it got busy, and I was unable to do the count.
I mean....technically it's not my job but my manager's to do the animal counts. I just do it if he's scheduled off that day or scheduled to work an evening shift.
Still...on the days where he's scheduled an evening shift...you'd think that he'd still find time to do the count...

Apparently not.

I finally had time today to do our animal count. Things progressed quickly enough with opening that I was confident that I could add this task to my list.

:S Good thing I did.
Because our Cricket Numbers were waaaaaayyy out of wack.
As every week we end up having to write off a bunch of crickets that had died off.
Not doing that for 3 weeks meant....
We hadn't written off 3 weeks worth of dead crickets.
Possibly even longer. *shrugs* Who knows. I haven't written off crickets in a while.

But seeing that our inventory said that we had 22,500 Large Crickets and 11,800 small crickets. :S Is...a bit extreme. A lot extreme.
Halfway makes sense as we get in around 6,000 crickets or so a week.
So not writing them off for 3 weeks...would mean at least 18,000 large crickets right there...

But that was bad...
As in reality we had like 3,500 large and 2,500 small crickets. :S

Ouch for our numbers this week. :S Ouch. Ouch.

Note to self. Ensure that the cricket count is done in the future.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment