Thursday, October 12, 2017

Donation?

Since the Holidays are fast approaching, it's that time of year where we start doing a donation drive.
Where we have these yearly stuffed animals that come out.
Where people can buy them for their dogs (or it's often for their kids) 
But they can also donate the stuffed animal and we'll give it to a specific place at the end of the donation period. 
This time around we're going to give the stuffed animals that are donated to the local police departments so that they can give them to children as a source of comfort.

Honestly...I feel that October is a bit early to be beginning this donation drive.
It would make more sense to start it mid November or even December when people are more in a giving mood. 

In any case.
Whenever we're on register we're supposed to ask if the customer wants to donate the $5 stuffed animal to the police department. (A portion of the money also goes to our adoption groups) 

Which was the case today.
When I asked a customer that question.
Only they weren't comprehending what I was saying. 
Why? Because they couldn't comprehend why the police department would want toys donated to them. 
It finally cleared up for them when I said it was for their 'Toys for Tots' drive so that officers would have toys to give kids to help them stay calm and such. 

That customer still said no though. 
*exhales* 

However. 
The customer behind that one had heard my spiel, and had decided that she would donate a toy. 
Woot!!

So she sat the toy on the counter like. "Here I want to donate this!" As she also placed a bag of dog food on the counter too. Then she was like. "Also, do you have any suggestions for toys to give my big dog?" 
To which I was like. "Yah...the $5 stuffed animals are also great dog toys too." 
So she was like. "Great! Then I'll take two, but one of those is going to the police department right?" 
"Yep!" 

lol. :) She made my day really. She was so happy and fun to talk to and really patient when it took forever to help her out...as she was buying prescription dog food so we had to go over to the vet part of the store to get an official prescription card made and that ended up taking like twenty minutes too long, but she didn't seem to mind the wait at all. 
Really. I enjoyed the time I spent conversing with her. :) 

I wish more customers were that easy going. lol. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment