Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fish Where?

There was an older woman standing at the fish wall today. Grandma age. 
And when I approached her asking if she needed help,
She said that she wanted to get a fish.
"Alright which fish?"
But instead of just saying "A goldfish." 
She led me without a word towards the fish she wanted....

Or so I thought.
As she walked straight past the last of the fish in the fish wall.
Past the frozen food,
Past the empty tanks/stands we have for sell.
Past the doors to enter our store...
And paused nearby the registers/grooming area.

I'd followed along silently.
As she determinedly marched through the store.
Mostly because I was wondering if she was wanting a fish from our display tanks,
Or perhaps she'd already gotten a fish and she wanted me to help her check out?
Or she'd left a dead fish at the register and needed me to see it?

I had no idea.
And I was curious as to where she was going.
Like...was she even needing my help for a fish at all or had I misheard her?

She looked around, turned around and asked me. "The fish don't go this far do they?"
"No...they don't." I responded.
So she turned around and returned to the fish wall to the goldfish where I fished out a black moor for her. :) lol

Not sure why she thought the fish lasted further along the wall then they did....
But at least in the end we were able to get things figured out.

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment