Friday, October 27, 2017

Fear Factor

I often (it feels like at least twice a month) have customers come into the store to buy bugs for a 'fear factor' sort of event that they're doing. You know where they either have to 'eat a bug' or stick their hands in a dark box (filled with bugs) that sort of thing.

I had one of those customers today.
Doing the 'stick the hand in the box' side of fear factor.
Where he wanted to get some mealworms...but they ended up being too tiny.
And so he went for Superworms -which are like ...well...super big versions of the tiny mealworms lol. 

The notable thing about this particular thing.
Was that I opened each container of superworms he was going to get, to make sure that there were superworms in there. (as once in a blue moon there's one that comes to us missing the worms.) 

And he was like. "It's funny, I'm using this as a fear factor, but you're handling them easily without any qualms. I guess that means you can get used to anything after a while." 

lol.
Which is very true.
What scares one person may not scare another....
And definitely experience and long term exposure with working with the bugs at work has definitely desensitized me to them. lol.
Not that I was sensitive at all to them in the first place....I grew up with a brother who enjoyed catching bugs and I would often join in growing up....so I never really had problems with handling the bugs. lol 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment