Saturday, October 7, 2017

Make it Blue!

It was the end of my shift. Technically, I should have been off already but I wasn't yet because my coworkers hadn't yet shown up to replace me. And so as I was walking back to the department, I noticed a woman sitting on the ground by one of our display tanks with her little dog -maybe a Yorkie?- struggling to put a harness onto it.
So I asked her if she needed help.

To which she was like. "I was wanting this style of harness." She held up a different harness a pink one, where it only involved slipping the dogs legs through the loops and clipping the harness together on the back. "But this blue one is a different sort and I can't figure it out." 
The blue harness she'd grabbed? It's the older style where you have to slip the dog's head through a loop and then one leg through another section of the harness before clipping it together. 
Definitely not my favorite type of harness. I was with the woman in that the pink harness was much easier to put on.
Her problem? "I just don't like pink on her. My dog isn't a pink sort of girl." 
"Alright do you want me to try and find another one in blue of that sty--"
"No, no this one I bought will be fine if I can just get it to work!" 

Soo...I attempted to show her how it worked.
Only I'm pretty sure she grabbed a size too small as I couldn't get the harness around the dog without fiddling with it, but as I was trying to fiddle with it she lost her patience. 
"I can't deal with this! I just want it to fit! I don't want it to be pink!" 
And she broke down.
"I'm sorry, I'm just having a bad day, my family is being so mean to my sister, and it's horrible and it's just awful and I just can't deal right now!" 

Which :S 
Ah. 
I could sympathize a bit...I've had my own difficult days before (not with family but difficult days) where I couldn't deal with people, where minor inconveniences suddenly became intolerable.

And the poor woman had reached her breaking point.
So I tried to help....though I honestly figured the woman should just call it a day and go home to snuggle in some blankets and eat some ice cream.
Instead I tried to find her the easier harness in the blue color she wanted.
Only unfortunately....we didn't have any in that size.
I only had one in black that color.

And when I brought it back to the woman.
She was like "I don't like Pink, but Black is much worse."
Ohhkay...then.

So she ended up going with the pink one. -even though she didn't like it.

So I returned the blue harness, got her the pink one, and had her pay the difference -which nearly resulted in another breakdown when she had to press one too many buttons. *exhales*

But hey...at least in the end she got what she wanted if not what she liked....

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment